Log in with Windows pass-through security
Pass-through security can be configured to employ Domain security, Local computer security, or both Domain and Local computer security at the same time.
The Orion Platform account credentials must match the credentials used for the Domain or Local computer security.
- This procedure requires access to the computer that hosts the Orion server.
- When authenticating users with Windows Security, ensure your Orion server uses the NetBIOS domain name, instead of the fully qualified domain name.
- If you are using NT Domain Authentication Format for pass-through accounts, create these pass-through accounts in the Orion Web Console Account Manager using Domain\UserID as the User Name. For example:
- If you are using Local Computer Authentication Format for pass-through accounts, create these accounts in the Orion Web Console Account Manager using Computer\UserID as the User Name. For example:
- Start the Internet Information Services Manager, enable Windows Authentication for the SolarWinds NetPerfMon website, and restart Internet Services.
Log in to the Orion Web Console using the Windows account credentials you have already established.