Add discovered devices to SolarWinds
After the Network Sonar Wizard discovers your network, the Network Sonar Results Wizard opens, allowing you to import network elements into
When you manually run discovery, by default, the system automatically selects all network elements to be monitored. You must clear the check boxes for elements you do not want monitored.
If you are discovering your network for the first time, SolarWinds recommends that you monitor a small number of devices.
- If the Network Sonar Results Wizard does not open automatically, click the Scheduled Discovery Results tab, select nodes you want to monitor, and then click Import Nodes.
- Ensure the device types you want to monitor are selected, and click Next.
If a device appears as
unknown vendor, it means that the credentials could not be validated. As a result, the product can only detect if the device is up or down, and cannot collect any other data. To resolve this issue, verify the SNMP configuration on the device. If the credentials still cannot be validated, and you have an active SolarWinds contract, contact technical support.
- Ensure the interfaces you want monitor are selected, and click Next.
SolarWinds recommends that you do not monitor VoIP interfaces or NULL interfaces.
By default, SolarWinds NPM imports interfaces that are discovered in an Operationally Up state. However, because interfaces may cycle off and on, you can also select Operationally Down or Administratively Shutdown states for import.
- Ensure the volume types you want to monitor are selected, and click Next.
SolarWinds recommends that you do not monitor compact disks or removable disks.
- Review the list of elements to be imported, and click Import.
- When the import completes, click Finish.
- Click the My Dashboards > Summary to begin exploring your network.