Optimize views for TV screens or mobile devices
A Network Operations Center (NOC) view provides a single page view of critical statistics that can fit on a TV screen or a mobile device. If you define multiple subviews, they rotate automatically on the screen, each subview available as a separate slide.
Headers and footers are compressed in NOC views, increasing the available space to display resources.
Enable NOC Views
You can configure any Orion Web Console view to appear in the NOC view form.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Open a view, and click Customize Page in the top right corner of the view.
- Select Enable NOC view mode.
- If the view contains several subviews, select the rotation interval for the subview.
To get a direct link to a NOC view, use the Link to NOC View link.
- Click Done & Go to NOC View.
You have created a NOC version of your view with a compressed header and footer, and without the left navigation area.
Customize NOC Views
To add resources, remove resources, or add subviews on a NOC view, click the top-right icon, and select Customize Page.
Exit NOC Views
Click the NOC Settings icon, and select Exit NOC Mode.
You will return to the default view with the full header, footer and left navigation.
Manage NOC Views
You can display a list of all NOC views defined in your Orion to get a better understanding of your NOC views. From the NOC views list, you can easily add, edit or manage your NOC views.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- In the Views grouping, click Created NOC views.
You can view NOC views from any view. Click Customize Page, and click List of created NOC views in the NOC view section.
- Manage the NOC views:
- To add a new view, click Add New View.
- To edit a NOC view, select the view, and click Edit.
- To disable a NOC view and maintain the default view, select the view and click Disable NOC.
If more subviews are defined for the view, you can see white circles in the top right corner. The currently active tab is displayed in orange.
To display a subview, click the circle.
Move resources in NOC Views
If you want to move resources within a NOC view, you turn on the drag&drop mode.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner of the NOC view, and select Pause Rotation.
- Drag and drop resources within the selected pane.
- When you have finished repositioning the resources, click the Settings icon again, and select Resume Rotation.
Change the NOC view logo
You can hide the default SolarWinds logo on the NOC view, or use a customized image in the top left corner of your NOC views.
- Supported image formats: .png, .jpg
- Maximum resolution: 900x200 px
To use a customized logo on your NOC views:
- If you already are in a NOC view, click the NOC Settings icon and select Customize NOC View Logo.
- To hide the logo, clear the NOC View Logo option.
- To change the logo:
- Make sure that NOC View Logo is selected.
- Click the Browse button for NOC View Logo and navigate to the appropriate logo image.
By default, the SolarWinds logo is used on NOC views. It is available as
/NetPerfMon/imageson your Orion server.
- Click Submit to apply your changes in the view.