Import custom property values
If you have a spreadsheet listing custom property values, such as asset tags of all your network nodes, you can make this information available for reporting and publication in the Orion Web Console.
Your data must be formatted as a table, and at least one column title should match an existing object property such as IP Address.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Node & Group Management grouping, click Manage Custom Properties.
- Click Import Values.
- Browse to the custom property data file, and click Open.
- Select the object type you want in the Import Values For drop-down, and click Next.
- For each detected Spreadsheet Column in your data, select the corresponding Orion Database Column, and select the Relationship between the columns.
- Select Matches to indicate columns in the spreadsheet that correspond to existing columns in the SolarWinds Orion database, such as IP Address or MAC address.
- Select Imports To to import the data in the spreadsheet column to the selected SolarWinds Orion database column.
This option overwrites any existing data in the corresponding custom properties.
- Select Imports To, and select <No Match Found, Ignore> for any spreadsheet column you do not want to import.
- Click Create This Custom Property Now to open the Add Custom Property in a new browser tab if you need to create a custom property for this spreadsheet column.
When you view the values of the object type, the values of the custom property you selected are populated.