Execute an external Visual Basic script
SolarWinds recommends that scripts and batch files be placed on the root of c:\ to simplify the path for the batch file.
- When editing or adding an alert, click Add Action in the Trigger or Reset Action section of the Alert Wizard.
- Select the Execute an External VB Script option, then click Configure Action.
- Under Execute an External VB Script settings:
- Select a VB Script Interpreter from the drop down list.
- Enter the Network path to the external VB Script in the field provided.
For example: Use
c:\is the disk on your main Orion poller and
test.vbsis your external VB Script to be executed.
- Select either Define User or No User Defined for Optional Windows Authentication
Schedule the action by selecting Time of Day > Use special Time of Day schedule for this action. This schedule only applies to the alert action you are editing.
This is often used to prevent an action from occurring during specific windows.
Select how frequently this action occurs for each triggered alert in Execution Settings.
Click Add Action.