Connect objects on maps manually
You can represent network links in your map by drawing lines between map objects. If a connected object is down, any connected links change color to red.
- Make sure the Home ribbon is selected.
- Click Straight () or Curved Line () in the Lines group, as appropriate.
- Click an object with the line drawing tool to begin drawing the link
- Click and drag as needed to set optional anchor points along the link path.
- Click a second object to finish drawing the link.
- If you want the links connecting your mapped objects to communicate the status of connected interfaces:
- Right-click a link, and select Properties.
- Select Status in the left pane of the Link Properties page.
- Drag the appropriate interface objects from the left pane of the Network Atlas window to the link status assignment areas.