Allow automatic logins to SolarWinds Sites
If a user clicks a node or other network widget for further analysis, SolarWinds EOC opens the SolarWinds Site hosting the data. The site opens in a separate browser tab, and the details view associated with the node or widget is displayed.
Users must log in to the SolarWinds Site with valid credentials, but these credentials can be supplied in either of the following ways:
- Users can manually enter their SolarWinds Site credentials at the SolarWinds Web Console login page. This is the default setting.
- SolarWinds Site user credentials associated with the EOC account are used to log in to the site. Administrators can enable an automatic login that prevents the user from having to re-enter the credentials.
To allow automatic logins to SolarWinds Sites for all users:
- Log in to the SolarWinds EOC Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- In the Getting Started with Orion group, click Manage SolarWinds Sites.
- At the top of the page, choose Yes, login automatically.
Secure automatic logins with HTTPS
SolarWinds EOC does not encrypt the automatic login credentials appended to the URL. It is possible for an attacker to intercept your HTTP requests and obtain SolarWinds credential information.
For this reason, SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC recommends that you allow automatic logins only if your SolarWinds Sites are hosted on secure HTTPS web sites. The HTTPS protocol encrypts the URL string, making it more difficult for an attacker to compromise your security.