Add a user account to EOC
Administrators can specify which SolarWinds Sites a user account can access. Each EOC user account must be associated with the credentials of an account that can access the SolarWinds Site. The privileges granted to the associated Site account determine what data the EOC user can view and what actions the user can perform, for example, whether the user can acknowledge alerts in EOC.
Default account views and privileges are assigned in the account manager. If a user does not have an existing Orion Web Console account, you need to create a new account.
EOC user accounts are different from user accounts of monitored Orion Sites. An EOC account must be associated with an Orion account for the user to access site data through EOC.
Define what SolarWinds Site data a user can access
By default, each user or group account can access information from all SolarWinds Sites. You can limit the information users see by specifying which SolarWinds Sites they can access. You can also determine what site information a user sees by specifying a custom
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the User Accounts grouping, click Manage Accounts.
- Select an account, and click Edit.
- Scroll down and expand Enterprise Operations Console Settings.
By default, all SolarWinds Sites are selected.
- Deselect any SolarWinds Sites that this user should not be able to access.
- If you do not want the EOC account to use the default SolarWinds Site user account, specify a pass-through account or a custom account.
The privileges associated with the
SolarWinds Site user accountdetermine what site data the EOC account can access.
- As the Account Type, select Use custom credentials.
- Enter the user name and password of an account with the desired privileges on the SolarWinds Site.
- Click Submit.
From the Edit User page, you can also specify what tasks a user can do.