Reduce multiple groups to one group
Background / Value
On organized AD should have a limited number of groups. ARM allows you to easily combine historically accumulated and unnecessary groups. The following example shows the creation of a central help desk group. ARM allows you to simply copy all of the desired members and then combine them into one group.
- Select "Multiselection".
- Apply filters to find the desired groups.
- Select the groups.
- Select all desired users and copy them into the clipboard. (For example CTRL+A and CTRL+C).
Right-click and select "Create new user or group".
- Name the new group.
- In the "Members" section click on "Paste".
- All members of the previously selected groups are now in the new group "Central Help Desk".
- You must enter a comment.
- Start the execution.