Monitor access to sensitive file server data
Background / Value
As a first step you have hopefully limited access rights to sensitive directories. As a second step we recommend the continuous monitoring of access by individual users, including the exact actions that they performed. This ensures full process transparency for especially sensitive data and information.
Grant and remove file server access rights
- Select "Start".
- Click on "Who did what?" in the "Security Monitoring" area.
- Enter a title for the report and add a comment.
- Specify the period of time for logging events in the report.
- Add resources. You can only add resources that are included in the FS Logga configuration.
- Add recorded actions. Leave the entry blank if you want the report to contain all actions.
- Add authors. Use filter and search to find the desired users. Leave the entry blank if you want the report to contain all actions.
- Define the desired output settings:
- Format: PDF or XLS
- Scheduling of regular reports
- Saving location
- send via email
- Start the report.